With the letter Y I really struggled so I just went with a simple look with the Y at first I used straight black which looked to simple then I added the bronze which gave it a tree bark effect and it looked simple but nice.
At the end of the project I started running out of time and had to look for simpler designs so they weren’t to time consuming, this lead to drawing simple designs with my typography but still making them look attractive. If I minimise this to A5 It will be a smaller piece of work and it will look more detailed dew to the detail being more compact.
I wouldn’t re-do this in another project as I think the design is to simple I’d probably add maybe green, flowers maybe leaves. to make the Y look more detailed.